Monday, August 3, 2015

Hand Work

The other day I was able to work outside on our deck. For once the weather cooperated. Not too hot or rainy or mosquitoey. What bliss, hand stitching outside. I am stitching the binding on a quilt for a local group for hospice. I am one of few people who really enjoys the hand stitching of binding process. It's such a great feeling of getting the project done and putting the touch of color on the edge with simple hand stitches. I am thinking of doing some sort of quilting or patchwork by hand I am enjoying this stitching so much. I am grateful to be able to feel the needle once again on my damaged right hand. After my falling accident this past winter my fingers were numb and tingly for a long time. I am glad to finally enjoy pain free stitching again. Now what to do after this binding is done?

2 comments:

krislovesfabric said...

Might I suggest EPP? ha! good to see you yesterday :)

Crazy for Art said...

Sounds good! Just have to figure out the project now. Would be fun to do one together too! Good to see you yesterday too!

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I am interested in textiles and most visual art. Presently I am painting whimsical paintings. I always have a quilt in the works, and I consider quilts to be art as well.