Friday, July 11, 2008

Here We Go!

I can't believe how easy is it to get one of these blogs started! I went trought the steps with the intention of helping an artist friend get hers going. So far so good. I guess it's only fair that I begin one of these myself so that I can share intesesting visuals with others. I have a daily ritual of sitting down in the AM and reading several blogs. Hopefully now I can connect with them and see what happens.

My professional life is within the realm of the performing arts but I am increasingly interested in all things visual. Currently, I'm workiing on polymer clay jewelry and painted art quilts. Yesterday I took another big step (for me) in picking up a consignment agreement for a local gallery. My goal is to ease out of my current employment at some point and be able to work on my art full time (with retirement plan in place.)

At this point, I'd like to post snippets of work and things I'm looking at. I'll be adding pictures as soon as I know how to do that! Ha! Stay Tuned

No comments:

My Blog List

  • Just Puzzle Pieces - Probably because they are just always there. Little pieces. I walk by, and can't help myself. Might I be satisfied with this sort of thing? Fleeting Patchw...
    20 hours ago
  • CRAZY TIMES - How to relocate without losing your sanity. (Actually, I don’t know how to do that.) Moving is a bitch difficult experience. At first, it’s kinda fun. I pi...
    6 days ago
  • Goodbye to DAM. . .the end of an era - This post is long overdue and my emotions are mixed as I write it. Yes, it is true, I am saying a sweet goodbye to Daily Art Muse. Goodbye to my dear, old ...
    10 months ago
  • Hey, Out There! - Just a quick note to say "hi" and that I'm trying to post over on Facebook at least a couple times a week. I'm having a great time making stuff and experim...
    1 year ago
  • Back from Staycation - I had a wonderful relaxing staycation, with many naps and lots of time to think. The thinking led me to reevaluate everything I've been doing over the last...
    2 years ago