Thursday, February 5, 2009

Transition

How do you know when it's time for a change? I recently had a meeting with some rather brilliant women teachers preparing a unit on "change". They discussed stories the children will be reading along with the thematic.

I started thinking about how I am always on the lookout for ways to tweak my life, work, and hobbies in order to stay true to what is important. I've gone through some major changes in the last 10 years and I would do it all again because I feel I'm getting closer and closer to more possibilities.

I continue to work more and more with the polymer clay. I have several series going because I keep changing how I work. I've been thinking about getting my clay pieces "out there" and have been wondering where to sell and what series to promote. My art mentor and good friend advises that I go with "what I want to be known for". That phrase stopped me in my tracks because that sounds pretty big. Something inside me says go with the folk art. My mentor also advises to go with the pieces that tell a story.

Of course I may still change my mind!

This picture is a painted quilt. It sold when I was taking a workshop about photographing work. That was a nice ego boost.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Marie,

I know that any path you choose will bring you success. You are such a wonderful, multi-talented person! I feel blessed to have gotten to know you better this year. You have so much to offer...I wish you much luck in your endeavors! Just remember your buddies when you're a famous artist!!!

Michelle :0)

Michelle said...

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I added your link to my blogl. That should help keep you motivated on getting back into your blog. I want a "blog buddy" at school!!!
:0)

Crazy for Art said...

Michelle-
I'll add your link to mine as well. It will be nice to have a blog buddy. I really appreciate your kind comments! I will have some pictures when I can figure out how to resize them. Thanks again for your kindness. I have really appreciated getting to know you this year also!

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I am interested in textiles and most visual art. Presently I am painting whimsical paintings. I always have a quilt in the works, and I consider quilts to be art as well.